LAB3 Pty Ltd (ACN 619 934 548) and all its entities, collectively known as LAB3 respects individuals’ rights to privacy and is committed to protecting their personal information. This policy explains the types of personal information that we collect and hold, how that information is used and with whom the information is shared.
It also sets out how you can contact us if you have any queries or concerns about this information.
References to “we”, “us” or “our” in the policy refers to LAB3.
We are required to and will comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in the Privacy Act.
For purposes of this policy, unless otherwise stated, the following definitions apply:
|Employee Record||A record of personal information relating to the employment of an employee. Examples of personal information relating to the employment of the employee include, but are not limited to, health information and information about the engagement, training, disciplining, termination, terms and conditions of employment of the employee.|
|Personal Information||Information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:|
· whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
· whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
|Sensitive Information||Includes information or opinion about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinion, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or criminal record, provided the information or opinion otherwise meets the definition of personal information.|
Personal information we collect
The type of personal information we collect and hold depends on your relationship with us. For example, if you are a:
Client: we will collect and hold information including your name, address, email address, contact telephone number, areas of interest, information about our dealings with you and any feedback that you provide to us about our products and services.
Supplier we will collect and hold information including your name, address, email address, contact telephone number, business records, information about goods and services supplied by you and financial details for payment purposes.
Candidate seeking employment with us or a client of ours, we will collect and hold information including your name, address, email address, contact telephone number, gender, age, employment history, references, resume, medical history, emergency contact, taxation details, qualifications and payment details.
Referee of a candidate being considered for employment by us or one of our clients, we will collect and hold information including your name, contact details, current employment information and professional opinion of a candidate.
Also, if you send us an enquiry or provide us with feedback, we will collect your name, contact details and details of your enquiry or feedback.
We will only collect sensitive information where you consent to the collection of that information and the information is reasonably necessary to carry out a business function or activity. The most likely sensitive information we will collect includes but is not limited to criminal records.
How personal information is collected
We collect most information directly from you when we deal with you. The personal information we collect is provided:
- in forms filled out by you;
- at face to face meetings;
- in email messages;
- in telephone conversations;
- when you use our website or social media;
- through surveillance cameras; or
- by third parties.
We also collect information about you from:
- your referees when applying for a position with LAB3; or
- people who have referred you or your organisation to us as a prospective client or service provider.
Why we collect your personal information
We collect personal information about our clients, suppliers, contractors, job applicants and other contacts to understand and meet their needs, to conduct our business activities and meet legal obligations.
We will only collect personal information if it is reasonably necessary for one or more of our business functions or activities. The main purposes for which we collect, hold and use your personal information is to:
- provide you with our products and/or services that you have requested;
- respond to your queries or feedback;
- maintain contact with you;
- provide you with any communications or publications in which we think you might be interested, or which you have requested;
- let you know about developments in our products, services, activities and programs that might be useful to you (you always can opt out of receiving direct marketing information from us at any time.)
- facilitate your participation in forums, social events and educational events;
- obtain goods and services; and
- recruit staff and contractors.
Disclosure of personal information
We do not routinely disclose personal information to other organisations unless:
- use or disclosure is permitted by this policy;
- to meet the purpose for which it was collected including to provide you with products and/or services;
- we have your consent to disclose the information;
- we are required or permitted by law to disclose the information, including for example to comply with a court order or regulatory investigation;
- in the event of a merger, acquisition or any other change in ownership of all or a portion of LAB3’s business (in which case your personal information will be transferred to the new owner so that the business can continue its operations);
- we believe it is necessary to protect the safety and security of our clients and our websites; or
- it enables us to deal with any concern, issue or complaint you have raised with us, including disclosing details of any such matter to professional advisors, insurers and service providers.
From time to time we deal with third parties, such as service providers or related bodies corporate. As a result, your personal information may be disclosed to a third-party recipient. When we ask external third parties to process personal information on our behalf, we will not allow them to use this information for their own purposes.
We also do not sell or license your personal information to third parties.
Cross-border disclosure of personal information
In the course of conducting our business, we may disclose personal information to overseas recipients. When we disclose personal information about you to an overseas recipient, we will:
- notify you of the possible disclosure; and
- take steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach privacy laws in relation to that personal information.
Change of Purpose
We will only use your personal information for the purpose for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another purpose and such purpose is compatible with the original purpose.
If we need to use your personal information for a purpose apparently irrelevant to the original purpose, we will obtain your consent prior to do so. Notwithstanding the above, we may process your personal information, without your knowledge or consent, if required or permitted by relevant laws and/or regulations.
Integrity and security of your personal information
We take all reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we hold about you, whether electronically or in hard-copy, is kept accurate and up to date, stored in a secure environment on-shore and protected from misuse, interference and loss as well as unauthorised access.
We store electronic records within our own secure network and through third party data storage providers. Personal information within our network is password protected and access is appropriately limited.
Our third-party data storage providers are required to protect personal information in accordance with applicable laws and take appropriate technical and organisational measures against unauthorised or unlawful use of personal information or its accidental loss, destruction or damage.
If we no longer require your personal information and are not legally required to retain it, we will take reasonable steps to delete, destroy or permanently de-identify the personal information.
If you wish to have your personal information updated/corrected, you can do so by sending us a request in writing (see contact details below).
If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please let us know in writing and we will take reasonable steps to delete it (unless we are required to keep it by law).
Accessing your personal information
We will provide access to your personal information when you request us to do so, except in the limited circumstances in which it is permitted for us to withhold this information.
To make a request, please contact us in writing (see contact details below). We will require you to verify your identity and specify what information you require. We may charge a fee to cover the cost of verifying your identity and locating, retrieving, reviewing and copying any material requested.
Making a complaint
If you aren’t happy with us, please let us know. We are committed to efficiently and professionally resolving any complaint in relation to your privacy. Please contact the Privacy Officer in writing (contact details below) and provide the following information to support your complaint:
- your name and contact details;
- the nature of your complaint, when the issue occurred and any LAB3 staff that were involved;
- copies of any supporting evidence or documents; and
- details of the resolution you’re seeking.
The more information you provide, the faster and better we can resolve your complaint.
The Privacy Officer will:
- receive and acknowledge the complaint;
- seek further information from you if necessary;
- thoroughly investigate the complaint;
- respond to you with the outcome of the investigation; and
- provide feedback to the relevant internal stakeholders.
We will try to resolve any complaint within 28 working days. If this is not possible, you will be contacted within that time to let you know how long it should take us to resolve your complaint.
If you are dissatisfied with our response to your privacy concerns, a complaint may be lodged with the Office of the Australian Information Commission (OAIC). Their enquiry line is 1300 363 992 or they have an online Privacy complaint form accessible at oaic.gov.au.
Our contact details
Mail: LAB3, Privacy Officer, Level 1/420-428 Spencer St, West Melbourne VIC 3003
Phone: 1300 911 346
Management of privacy complaints
Further general information about privacy is available on the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au or by calling the OAIC’s enquiry line at 1300 363 992.
Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act)